Who is Running the Study?
- The study is run by pediatricians at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- A parent must give permission and come with his or her daughter to all study visits
- 2-4 study visits within a 6 month time frame to the NIEHS Clinical Research Unit in Research Triangle Park and a nearby Wake Radiology Center
- Physical exam, blood and urine tests, an ultrasound, and X-ray of the hand
- All girls who join the study will be compensated for their time and travel costs
Who Can Participate?
- Healthy girls aged 8-14
- Some breast development
- Have not had their first period
The definition of healthy for this study means that you feel well and can perform normal activities.